When I tell people about geocaching, many ask “what’s hidden in a geocache” so I thought I’d share a picture of an example or two in this geocache blog post. These are caches that I’ve just hidden (my first hides – exciting!).
Usually you find:
- The geocache container (might seem obvious, but some are very clever!)
- A log book or log sheet where people can write their names that they found the geocache
- Small trade items – you take one and leave something different
Small trade items could be:
- a travel bug (a portable item to carry to a different geocache)
- batteries (to keep you out geocaching on your GPS unit!)
- NOT food or perishable items
- NOT anything un-family-friendly
- NOT anything marketing or selling something
The scariest thing I found was a lizard on top of a geocache – was not sure it was worth getting the cache – but I did it!